Prayer & Fast - Healing
Tuesday, 17 August 2010 9:27 PM
BLESSINGS FROM THE PRAYER & FAST - 14 August 2010
To listen to audio recordings the Prayer and Fast talks & testimonies, please visit the Southside ministry page by clicking here
We had a wonderful time of prayer and fasting together last Saturday 14 August. Here are some of the highlights and blessings from the ministry and testimonies we shared:
- It's a great privilege, an honour and a joy when someone asks you to pray for them - a sign of hope believing together you can go hand in hand before the very throne of Grace and together bring a result. Remember who he is and who we are - we worship a merciful and gracious God who loves us, a father, a provider. It is a relationship and we can have confidence, nothing of ourselves, all of God. If we only grasp hold of the promises we have amazing faith within to encourage each other.
- The church, being a body, experiences pain, but it is the head that works it out for us and the more connected we are to the head the more able we are to show love. So all parts of the body can get messages from the head - if you have an urge to pray for someone that's from God. Heartfelt prayer for someone lead you to care, and do things for them, we can forget about ourselves and put others first.
- Psalm 107:20, 8, 15, 21, 31 'He sent his word and healed them' - the results of faith in God and belief in his word that tells us it will do something. Look at what God is continuing to do for us and continually thank him and praise him. But we have to work at our faith - read the scripture, meditate so the word of God is one with us. The carnal mind is the enemy of God. Change our thoughts to the truth of the scripture.
- Phil.4:4 - Its easy to rejoice when things are going well but hard in adversity 'adversity: a state of serious or continued difficulty'. Job lost everything but still praised God, and most of the OT leaders went through adversity - different examples, but all there for a reason. Moses escaped to Midian, a desert, and learned to care for the sheep there - a lesson for his future role. Count it all joy, you will learn patience and come out with a reward at the end. After you have suffered a while, make you perfect; rejoice, the benefits of the Lord are bigger than the problem and God goes through it with us. Be content, trust with all your heart.
Some blessings shared:
- Johanna: remembered one of the gifts about trusting God - one night John woke up having trouble breathing, pale, sweating, shaking - instead of calling the ambulance she prayed and soon his breathing was normal and he went to sleep.
- Ainsley: Brian had pain in his leg and back when he first came to the Lord and was booked in for surgery. The leg pain disappeared and he said to God, 'if you don't want me to have the operation you'll need to stop it'. Several hours later in the operating room at the very last minute, they decided not to do it. He has no pain in his leg, some in his back they are praying about.
- Roger: We prayed for a lady who was diagnosed with an inoperable tumour pressing on the pituary gland. Only chance gamma surgery in Sydney. After prayer another MRI scan in preparation for surgery showed it was gone.
Another time while in Sydney for a conference, got talking to a woman handing out leaflets at the quay. She asked him to pray for her, so right there in peak hour crowd wearing a pin striped suit he found the courage to lay hands on her and pray.
At the end of his recent 3 week trip to China, had continuous coughing and asked the Lord to heal him before he caught the plane, and he did.
- Peter: When he was 2 weeks in the Lord playing football at Carackalinga camp he got a knee in the shoulder. Everyone prayed and the pain went away so he kept playing. The pain came back and xray showed his shoulder was broken. But after the second xray preparatory to surgery, the doctor came out looking confused and said he could go home. Peter said Praise the Lord he healed me, and the doc said 'well someone did'.
In Vanuatu playing cricket and twisted his knee - was prayed for and within a few weeks it was better, now he can get on his knees to pray.
- Joan: Had a very painful shoulder and often went to the prayer line. At the ladies weekend she confessed to the Lord that in her heart she knew she didn't really believe it would happen, and as she was praying she moved her shoulder and found it was healed.
- Patricia: The Lord moves us where he needs to like chess pieces - while in Cairns was able to encourage and help a sister who was going through a similar difficulty to what she had come through.
- Pauline: Relative of her neice had cancer in the liver and the Monday group kept praying for him - he is a young man with children. Next time she heard he had put on weight and the smaller tumours had disappeared. A week ago she rang her neice and asked after him and she said 'you wouldn't know he was sick - no longer terminal, the tumour has shrunk, and he has put on weight he lost - 30 kgs and is back working full time.
If we only understood how much God loves us we would never fear again.
Filed Under: Southside Talks